News from the LAA
Student Voices: LA Panel on LA and student perspectives on transitioning to remote learning
Students, LAs, staff and faculty! Please join us on for a virtual LA Panel with LAs from multiple institutions!
Thursday, April 16, 2020 — 8 AM HST / 11 AM PDT / 12PM MDT / 1PM CDT / 2 PM EDT
Are you interested in hearing about the transition to remote learning from the perspectives of students and LAs? Please join us for the LA Alliance virtual LA Panel! Our LA moderator will begin the discussion with some prepared questions, shown below, and will then open up the conversation to your questions.
Please RSVP here at least 2 hours prior to the panel.Some of the questions our LA panelists will address:
- What is one positive thing and one challenge you have faced so far in this transition to online teaching and learning? What steps did you take to overcome this challenge?
- What has made you feel like part of the online classroom community as a student?
- During this transition to online learning, what, if anything, has helped you feel connected to your students, as a LA?
- What tools have you found helpful in an online classroom setting?
- What are effective ways to communicate with your faculty remotely if/when problems/challenges/ideas arise?
- All news
- 5 questions with Laurel Hartley
- LA Campus - Free two-term use to keep program running smoothly
- Colorado LA Panel - Transitioning to eLearning
- LA Panel on transitioning to eLearning
- LAA Online - Running Synchronous Online Learning Assistant-supported Classes
- LAs in eLearning - Resources for your remote classrooms
- Learning About STEM Student Outcomes (LASSO) Update
- Summer 2020 Regional LA Workshops Postponed; Opportunities for Virtual Sessions