News from the LAA
Running Synchronous Online Learning Assistant-Supported Classes
Tuesday, April 21 — 9 AM HST / 12 PM PDT / 1 PM MDT / 2 PM CDT / 3 PM EDT
- Jennifer Avena - University of Colorado Boulder
- Sujata Krishna - University of Florida
- Jeffrey Feldman - LA
- Una Milovanovic - LA
Join us for a brief introduction to the Learning Assistants program, followed by a demonstration and quick hands-on exploration of how to implement such a program in synchronous, online classes. This will be followed by an open discussion addressing questions and sharing experiences. Learning assistants will take questions about online learning from their perspective. The session is best suited to Faculty, Staff and potential Learning Assistants who might be new to the program and/or those wanting to transition to an online mode.
Free. Register at least 2 hours prior to session.
Please note that the session will be recorded and distributed through the Learning Assistant Alliance to support faculty and LAs.
- All news
- Colorado LA Panel - Transitioning to eLearning
- LAA Online - Running Synchronous Online Learning Assistant-supported Classes
- LA Panel on transitioning to eLearning
- Learning About STEM Student Outcomes (LASSO) Update
- Summer 2020 Regional LA Workshops Postponed; Opportunities for Virtual Sessions
- LAs in eLearning - Resources for your remote classrooms
- LA Campus - Free two-term use to keep program running smoothly